Built in 1906, as the parish governmental building, it was once dubbed “The Great Temple of Justice.” It’s clock tower and dome were removed in the 1940’s after a fire. It served as the Iberville Parish Courthouse from 1906 to 1985. A new courthouse was later opened directly behind the 1906 building. Since 1985, the building that was once the courthouse now houses Plaquemine City Hall. This building is not to be confused with the 1848, former Iberville Parish Courthouse which also served as city hall for awhile and is now home to the Iberville Museum.