Bayou Paul Colored School is a one-room school constructed in 1920 by the private African American organization, the United Sons and Daughter Benevolent Society. It held thirty-five to forty-eight students, grades first to eighth. Students were taught by Amanda Grace, the only teacher at the schoolhouse from 1936 until it’s closing in 1955 – nineteen years. In 2004, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Although the schoolhouse was constructed poorly, its original framework, including a tin roof, wooden floors, and wooden walls, still stands today. The structure was moved in 2006 to the Amanda Grace Memorial Park, roughly a half mile from its original location.